SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN (Relaxed Performance)
- June 21
- 2 pm
- New Village Arts
SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN
Relaxed Performances offer accommodations for people who benefit from a more relaxed theater-going environment —including but not limited to those with autism, sensory or communication disabilities, or developmental disabilities. Included with your ticket price will be pre-show entertainment by local band Jungle Poppins at the White Family Next Stage at the Dea Hurston New Village Arts Center at 1pm.
In order to make “Singin’ in the Rain” more accessible and comfortable, we will adapt the productions in the following ways:
- A Social Story Video given to patrons before the show to know what to expect at the theatre
- A welcome speech from the cast of “Singin’ in the Rain”
- Sound cues in the production will be lowered and any sudden, loud noises during the show will be modified.*
- Lights in the seating area will be dimmed rather than fully dark during the performance.
- A relaxed atmosphere allows patrons to talk and vocalize as they wish, as well as leave and re-enter the seating area as needed.
- A Calm Corner will be available in the lobby with coloring sheets, fidget toys, and sensory items if patrons need to take a breather from the show.
- Fidgets and some noise canceling headphones will be available during the show. We encourage you to bring your own as well.
- A gender-neutral family restroom will be provided.
- No ‘Shushing’ during the show. We welcome everyone to enjoy the show in the way that is most comfortable to them.
by Betty Comden, Adolph Green, Nacio Herb Brown, and Arthur Freed
Directed by AJ Knox